1. Have a positive attitude.
2. Start early! Don't put it off; Spelling homework is due Monday, so don't wait until Sunday
night to start. If you work on it Wednesday or Thursday, you will see you need help and can ask me.
3. Pay attention in class and take notes on the assignment.
4. Use you resources. You have a book, notes, teachers, parents, friends, and this website.
Don't have others do your work, but you can ask how to do it.
5. Take your time, do your work carefully, check it when you are done.
When writing, never forget
who your audience is. The written word is meant to be read, but it won't always be read by the same audience. Tailor your
writing style to suit the people who will be reading your work.